Justice League of America is an upcoming film based on the Justice League. The film is not set in the DC Cinematic Universe, for it ties in to several other movies and TV shows. It is set to be released on May 9, 2014.
- Christopher Reeves as Superman/Clark Kent
- Despite Christopher Reeves being dead, the director (Joel Schumacher) called it the "hook that the film needs" where Christopher Reeves returned from the dead to star in a Justice League movie.
- George Clooney as Batman/Bruce Wayne
- This is to tie it into the original Batman film series and draw the older fans back in.
- Lynda Carter as Wonder Womna
- This is to tie it in with the Wonder Woman TV series, thus drawing fans from that show in.
- John Wesley Shipp as The Flash/Barry Allen
- To Tie it into the Flash TV series
- Chris O' Donnel as Robin/Dick Grayson
- Helen Slater as Supergirl
- Jack Nickolson as the Joker
- Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor
- Terence Stamp as General Zod
To Be Added
The film ties in to the original Superman film series, the original Batman film series, the Wonder Woman TV series, and the Flash TV series. Joel Schumacher's goal was to draw older fans into the film, because the younger generation will see it no matter what.
A lot of rumors rose up about what they would do for Superman special effects. It was announced that they couldn't take Christopher Reeves out of his casket for respect, so they decided to tie a rope to it to simulate flying.
The film received over whelmingly negitive reviews from critis, and even worse reviews from fans. It is considered by most to be the worst movie of all time. It has a 1% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. TheCannon from comic vine said "That's not the Justice League. It didn't have Martian Manhunter." Other people have said "Give me Howard the Duck any day."
Despite how bad the reviews were, Joel Schumacher still like the potential the Justice League had, and wanted to work on a second movie where Jor-El, Thomas and Martha Wayne, and the Amazons would be the villains.