The DC Cinematic Universe is a superhero franchise set in a fictional shared universe, based on characters in publications by DC Comics. The shared universe, much like the DC Universe in comic books, was established by crossing over common plot and cast elements.
Phase One: Origin of JusticeEdit
01. Superman: UnboundEdit
Movie Title: Superman: Unbound
Release Date: March 2012
Plot: Clark Kent and Kara Zor-El, two of the last of an extinguished race disguised as an unremarkable human, are forced to reveal their identities as Superman and Supergirl when Earth is invaded by the cybernetic Brainiac, who boasts that he possesses "the knowledge and strength of 10,000 worlds."
- Jake Gyllenhaal as Superman / Clark Kent / Kal-El
- Saiorse Ronan as Supergirl / Kara Zor-El
- Tao Okamoto as Lois Lane
- Michael Shannon as Brainiac
- Joaquin Phoenix as Alexander Luthor, Jr.
02. Wonder Woman: Gods and AmazonsEdit
Movie Title: Wonder Woman: Gods and Amazons
Release Date: November 2012
Plot: The Amazonian princess-warrior Diana Prince left her lush tropical island to dwell in our urban cityscapes of glass and steel. Tutored in the ways of the Greek warriors, and outfitted with incredible gifts the Goddess bestowed upon her people, she becomes Paradise Island's emissary to the World of Men. In her way, the God of War and the world's most powerful sorceress.
- Elodie Yung as Wonder Woman / Diana Prince
- Rami Malek as Lt. Steve Trevor
- Apostolis Totsikas as Ares
- Aubrey Plaza as Circe
- Famke Janssen as Queen Hippolyta
- Taraji P. Henson as Tenent Philippus